Hello and happy March! I've been taking it easy over here lately because I think all the stress has officially caught up to me and I'm thinking maybe this time my head might actually explode, so I suppose it's time to slow it down. That being said, I finally am giving myself the opportunity to post pictures from the road trip Gabi and I took almost 2 months ago!
--------------------------------------------------
We packed up her car with all of her necessities and a maybe-not-so-happy hedgehog to take on the 34 hour road trip to the East Coast! For a move we all hope is somewhat temporary ;) Even many weeks later I'm still kiiiind of in denial that she's not 7 minutes away from me...but we'll get there. in theory. :) Considering a good chunk of our time was spent in the car, we were able to cram in a lot of sight seeing and adventuring - and that, my friends, is my kind of trip.
^^ onward! we met at 8 am at a Taco Bell (if you know us well at all, that's quite fitting...) and started our trek! We didn't hit any bad weather, but we did have to rearrange the car a few times because those car racks in the above pictures lasted for about 2 hours. Still grateful for Gabi's dad encouraging her to not cram her car just because there was room and that no one was behind us when they made their dramatic exit, phew!
^^ sight seeing day one! Once we got to New Hampshire we spent the first day wandering around Gabi's new area. We felt like we needed some beach time even though it was freezing -- worth it. Nubble Lighthouse and Wiggly Bridge!
^^ Sight seeing day two! We drove an hour south to walk around Boston! We ended up taking a tour of the Boston Tea Party museum, threw some tea boxes overboard, walked around the city - fully embracing the tourist look - we had a beer at the cheers bar and then ended up on the Harvard campus in Cambridge! We only walked around Harvard Yard since that's all time would allow for, but boy oh boy, was it beauuuuutiful!
^^ this is right outside of Gabi's house... and I'm talking you walk out the door and cross the street and bam OCEAN. So naturally we had to play on the rocks for a bit with a selfie stick and the camera I brought. And us being the Colorado girls we are, not so used to oceans you could say, we did end up forgetting about that whole "high-tide-thing" and almost lost all of our cameras and phones to the water. Thankfully getting soaked ourselves by running back to shore is a much easier 'oops' to fix than losing all of our devices ;)
^^ CANADA! We spent 24 hours in Montreal, Canada and it might have been the highlight of the week for all 3 of us. We stayed in an adorable and cozy airbnb for the night. Our host was a nice man from France who recommended great things to fill our hours with. We took the metro to Old Montreal to see the city, ate at a pizzeria where we shared a bottle of wine and got to cut the pizza with scissors (we were surprisingly stoked about this...is this a thing that we've just missed out on for all these years?!), I fell in love with a floral wall because HELLOOOO that wall is beautiful...we ate at Tim Hortons and embarrassed ourselves terribly for being so American, tried poutine for the first (and last) time, practiced the very little french we knew (merci, 6 years of French...meh!), and went dancing at a gay club where each floor had different music playing - we had all of the fun. Quality 24 hours for. sure. I'm already excited to go back.
and last but not least, the stunning view from Gabi and Evan's new living room window. She's one lucky girl moving from one beautiful state to another!
Thank you Gabi and Evan for starting my year off with such a wonderful trip! I miss you both everyday! <3
And thank YOU, as always, for swinging by :)




No comments:
Post a Comment