a couple weekends ago I finally got to visit Bekah and Josh in Chicago!
It was so so good to see them and visit, plus they planned a full weekend for me so we were busy having fun the whole time!
Bekah and I went to happy hour the first night I flew in (she took me to a fancy bar where they put flowers in your drinks AND I ordered one where they turned a banana into a dolphin...So chicago bars for the win!) and we picked up right where we left off. Those are the best kinds of friends - we don't talk nearly as much as we'd like to, but from minute one it felt like we haven't been separated for almost a full 10 months, so that was wonderful.
The weekend consisted of the Lincoln Park Zoo, walking all around the city and aww-ing over Lake Michigan, delicious food (Chicago style pizza, of course), stumbling upon the NFL draft and seeing the bean! That was my one request, since it's pretty much the only thing I knew about in Chicago, so I'm glad we made it over there :)
I'm officially done traveling (for now) since school starts in one week. howwwww did that happen, I have no idea. I don't feel ready to be a graduate student whatsoever, but here goes nothing!
A huge thanks to Bekah and Josh for taking me in and creating a wonderful weekend for me. It was so fun spending time with you two, I'm already looking forward to my next trip!
I'm officially done traveling (for now) since school starts in one week. howwwww did that happen, I have no idea. I don't feel ready to be a graduate student whatsoever, but here goes nothing!
A huge thanks to Bekah and Josh for taking me in and creating a wonderful weekend for me. It was so fun spending time with you two, I'm already looking forward to my next trip!


No comments:
Post a Comment